Location North East | Salary Competitive plus excellent benefits
Our client is a successful, established business operating across the industrial sector. An opportunity has arisen on a permanent basis for an experienced HR Assistant who will support the day to day operations of the HR and Payroll department.
The position reports to the HR Manager and will involve all aspects of HR generalist and payroll support.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provision of administrative support within the HR Department including the upkeep of their HR Information Systems and hard filing system.
- Responding to front line employee queries.
- Supporting the wider HR team with all generalist HR processes and procedures including maternity and paternity requests and starters and leavers.
- Assisting with recruitment administration in relation to compiling job descriptions; contracts and offers.
- Management of absence administration including collating Return to Work documents and updating colleague records.
- Maintaining paperwork and preparing reports relating to HR activities.
- Preparation of letters including but not limited to disciplinary and grievance outcomes and colleague reference requests.
- Maintenance of their HR Information Systems and Time Management System.
- Maintaining the payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Assisting the processing of the whole company monthly payroll to meet all deadlines set.
- Answering staff queries about wages, deductions and attendance.
- Managing and coordinating requests for leave and other absences including absence reviews and other related meetings as required.
- Processing sickness and other absences in line with company policies and statutory entitlement.
- Work closely with the company’s external Payroll provider.
The successful candidate will ideally have proven and extensive coordination skills gained within a fast-moving HR department as well as general knowledge in supporting all HR competencies, ideally including Payroll.