Location North East | Salary Competitive plus excellent benefits
Our client is a large complex multi-site organisation with a main base in the Newcastle area.
An exciting position has become available for an experienced HR Advisor to join an established HR function where the remit will involve supporting the organisation in all aspects of HR within a unionised environment. The role will focus on partnering with stakeholders at all levels of the business to provide a proactive HR service.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working as part of the HR team to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Coach and provide advice and guidance on all aspects of HR issues including: Absence Management; Disciplinary and Grievance issues; Performance Management; Terms & Conditions; and Recruitment.
- Support and take an active lead in managing continuous improvement activities.
- Lead on HR projects as required.
- Work as a business partner to support and coach line managers with HR issues.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders across multiple sites.
- Develop Policies and Procedures to ensure effective management of Human Resources within legislation.
- Work as part of the HR team to develop and improve Health and Wellbeing programmes.
- Lead on complex employee relations cases.
- Maintain effective relationships with Trade Unions.
- Work as part of the wider HR team in offering a customer-centric HR service.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of delivering a high standard of generalist HR service from within a large and complex environment. You will have demonstrable experience at the HR Advisor level and be proactive and confident in dealing with varied employee matters as well as playing a key role in HR initiatives and projects.
You will be:
- Resilient and a confident communicator.
- Proactive and adaptive to change.
- Keen to lead HR projects.
- Able to travel occasionally and have a driver’s license.
- CIPD qualified (minimum Level 5 or working towards).
In return our client will offer a competitive salary and benefits package including bonus. You will join a friendly and successful team and play a key role as they continue to develop their HR function.