Location North East | Salary Competitive plus benefits
We are working exclusively with a hugely successful international business within the manufacturing industry. The organisation is globally renowned and continues to embark on a period of proactive change and investment in their UK operations.
To support this continued change a newly created opportunity has arisen for the appointment of an experienced HR Manager who will lead the operational HR activities on site. The role will also support the HR Lead in the development and implementation of the strategic people agenda.
Reporting to the HR Lead the role will involve all aspects of HR within a fast-moving production facility:
- Manage the provision of operational HR activity which will include Employee Relations situations, recruitment processes and change management.
- Provide HR direction and support to key stakeholders and employees.
- Proactive engagement with Union representatives to achieve and maximise business objectives.
- Lead on employee relations cases.
- Influence and engage senior managers in performance management activity.
- Support managers through absence management processes.
- Support and coach stakeholders in recruitment activity and workforce planning.
- Prepare, manage and communicate relevant Management Information to the business.
- Work closely with the HR Lead in relation to the site’s wider people strategy.
- Provide pragmatic and commercially orientated solutions to the line management team.
- Take ownership of the site’s compensation and benefits.
- Assist with ad hoc HR Projects and initiatives.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable HR experience gained at HR Manager or HR Business Partner level from within a fast-paced industrial environment. The role requires a business focussed HR professional who can provide HR solutions in alignment with commercial objectives.
To be successful in the position the person will need to:
- Have demonstrable experience of working as a Business Partner in delivering a value-added HR service.
- Have relevant experience of coaching line managers.
- Be able to demonstrate professional credibility and behaviours.
- Be adaptable in an evolving and fast changing environment.
- CIPD qualification or equivalent is highly advantageous.