Location North East | Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus benefits
A permanent position has become available for a HR Manager to join an established, highly regarded organisation based in the Gateshead area.
The HR Manager will provide a full generalist HR service in line with current employment legislation to support the organisation in all People activities.
Reporting to the Operations Lead the position the main responsibilities are as follows:
- Coach and provide advice and guidance on all aspects of HR issues including: Absence Management; Performance Management; and Terms & Conditions.
- Main point of contact for all generalist HR queries within the business.
- Provide training and development on all people related activity.
- Support the business in recruitment processes and offer management.
- Coach and engage managers in performance management activity.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with managers to ensure HR is able to support the business objectives.
- Develop Policies and Procedures to ensure the effective management of Human Resources within legislation.
- Support the Senior Leadership Team with activities to increase levels of employee engagement which include the development of the organisation’s Values and Behaviours.
- Provide advice and guidance on Learning and Development activity.
- Support with generalist administrative and other ad hoc duties when required.
Successful applicants will:
- Have good understanding and experience in supporting all aspects of generalist HR activities.
- Be proactive and demonstrate a “can-do” attitude.
- Be resilient and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Be a confident coach and comfortable in managing upwards.
Ideally applicants will have demonstrable HR experience at the Advisor or Manager level and able to work with stakeholders at all levels across a business.