Location North East | Salary Competitive plus benefits
Our client based in the Newcastle area is looking to appoint an experienced Payroll professional on a permanent and full-time basis. The role will focus on managing end to end payroll processes to ensure that all employees are paid correctly and on time within a fast-moving and industrial environment. Reporting to the HR Manager the position will also provide general HR administrative support across the organisation.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Management of the Time and Attendance system to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Processing the whole company payroll every pay period to meet all deadlines set.
- Maintaining the payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Answering staff queries about wages, deductions and attendance.
- Managing and coordinating requests for leave and other absences including absence reviews and other related meetings as required.
- Processing sickness and other absences in line with company policies and statutory entitlement.
- Handling changes in job status and job titles via the HR system.
- Processing overtime payments and realigning shift working arrangements.
- Adhering to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law.
- Identifying, investigating, and resolving any discrepancies in payroll records.
- Completing payroll reports for record-keeping purposes as well as for managerial review in conjunction with the monthly payroll timelines.
- Liaising with the tax office in relation to any discrepancies on the PAYE account.
- Communicating with finance to ensure the BACs run is set up each month in time for payday
- Administering joiners and leavers to the Group Personal Pension Plan and for the Auto enrolment plan where applicable.
- Provide quality customer service to the client group through the delivery of a professional and accurate payroll procedures.
- Assisting with general HR duties where required.
- Supporting with other ad hoc general administrative tasks.
The position requires applicants to have extensive experience of managing end to end payroll processes ideally gained within a fast-paced industrial environment. You must be customer focussed and have a positive can-do attitude.