Learning and Development Partner (18 month contract)
Location North East | Salary Competitive plus benefits
A new vacancy has arisen for an experienced Learning & Development professional to join an international business with a base in the Newcastle area. Our client is a successful manufacturing organisation with multiple sites across the UK and Europe who are looking to appoint an experienced Learning & Development Partner as they embark on their next stage of growth.
The position is a fixed term contract for a period of 18 months and will focus on the delivery of multiple L&D Programmes including the development of a nationwide Apprenticeship Programme.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an Apprenticeship Programme across all sites which maximises the use of the organisation’s Apprenticeship Levy.
- Identify the most appropriate Apprenticeship framework to suit the organisation by liaising and negotiating with external providers.
- Develop relationships with local colleges and universities to attract and retain top talent.
- Liaise with key stakeholders across the business to provide recommendations and continued improvements.
- Support the Resourcing team in the recruitment and on boarding of successful cohorts.
- In line with business objectives, manage the Apprenticeship and L&D budget effectively.
- Support, coach and partner with hiring managers and key internal stakeholders in relation to all aspects of L&D activity.
- Coordinate and deliver varied L&D programmes across the site.
- Support the wider L&D team with related administration.
- Significant experience gained within a similar Learning & Development role.
- Experience in developing and delivering a variety of L&D Programmes.
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of designing and implementing Apprenticeship Programmes.
- The ability to operate in a fast-moving environment.
- Previous experience gained within an industrial or commercial environment is highly desirable.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and highly competent in building rapport and lasting relationships.
The successful candidate will be expected to travel to other sites across the UK to provide continued support and work effectively with the wider Learning & Development team.
18 month contract