Interim Senior HR Advisor – 6 month contract
Location North East | Salary Competitive plus benefits
An established organisation with a base in the Gateshead area is looking to appoint an experienced HR professional on an interim basis for a period of 6 months. Although this cannot be guaranteed there may be further extensions or a permanent opportunity available for the right candidate. Reporting to the Head Lead, the role will be responsible for supporting all aspects of HR on site in a fast-moving and commercial environment.
Main responsibilities include:
- Coach and provide advice and guidance on all aspects of HR issues including: Absence Management; Disciplinary and Grievance issues; Performance Management; Terms & Conditions.
- Provide HR direction and support to the site leadership team and employees.
- Working closely with the Senior HR Lead in relation to any escalated Employee Relations cases.
- Supporting senior management through change management activities.
- Develop Policies and Procedures to ensure the effective management of Human Resources within legislation and best practice.
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects of Employee Relations including: Absence Management; conduct Disciplinary and Grievance issues; Capability and Performance Management.
- Update and manage the Time and Attendance system.
- Support in the administration the payroll function and deal with any queries in relation to Starters; Leavers; Maternity and Paternity.
- Assisting the HR department in providing HR administrative support including the upkeep of HR systems and paper-based administration.
- Ad hoc HR project work as required.
- Coordinate and support managers within the Performance Appraisal processes.
- Provide advice and guidance on Learning and Development activity.
- Support the business with general people queries and give advice according to company guidelines and legislation.
- Support continuous improvement activities and projects.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of delivering a high standard of HR service from within a commercial or industrial environment. You will have demonstrable experience at the HR Advisor or Senior HR Advisor level and be confident in managing complex employee relations matters.
6 month contract