Interim Payroll Officer – 3 month contract
Location North East | Salary Competitive plus benefits
Our client is looking to appoint an experienced Payroll Officer on an interim basis for a period of 3 months. The contract will be ongoing and although not guaranteed there is potential the position will be further extended.
The role will focus on managing end to end payroll processes to ensure that all employees are paid correctly and on time within a fast-moving environment.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Management of the Time and Attendance system to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Processing the whole company payroll every pay period to meet all deadlines set.
- Maintaining the payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Answering staff queries about wages, deductions and attendance.
- Managing and coordinating requests for leave and other absences including absence reviews and other related meetings as required.
- Processing sickness and other absences in line with company policies and statutory entitlement.
- Handling changes in job status and job titles via the HR system.
- Processing overtime payments and realigning shift working arrangements.
- Adhering to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law.
- Identifying, investigating, and resolving any discrepancies in payroll records.
- Completing payroll reports for record-keeping purposes as well as for managerial review in conjunction with the monthly payroll timelines.
- Liaising with the tax office in relation to any discrepancies on the PAYE account.
- Communicating with finance to ensure the BACs run is set up each month in time for payday
- Provide quality customer service to the client group through the delivery of a professional and accurate payroll procedures.
- Assisting with general HR duties where required.
- Supporting with other ad hoc general administrative tasks.
The position requires applicants to have extensive experience of managing end to end payroll processes ideally gained within a fast-paced environment. You must be customer focussed and have a positive can-do attitude. Experience of using ADP software is highly advantageous.
3 month contract