Location North East | Salary £24,000 to £28,000 plus benefits
A permanent position has arisen for an experienced HR practitioner to join an established and respected manufacturing business.
The position has a generalist focus with responsibility for the day to day HR management of the production workforce as well as running the weekly payroll for a large headcount. The role includes developing and supporting HR policies and procedures as well as improving the efficiency of the department.
– Support all employee relations issues with the Production team.
– Update and review procedures to ensure compliance to new employment legislation.
– Process weekly payroll along with any ad hoc payroll issues, including year-end processes.
– Manage and process auto enrolment and pension scheme administration.
– Manage recruitment agency accounts for the provision of shop floor labour.
– Proactively manage employee benefits.
– Manage and maintain time and attendance.
– Co-ordinate the Occupational Health provision within the Company.
– Maintain all job description and personal specifications.
– Assist with standard letters, forms and procedures to ensure they are compliant with employment legislation.
– Assist with improving the efficiency of the department through streamlining processes.
– Actively participate in cost reduction activities.
– Support recruitment activities up to Supervisor/Engineer level positions.
– Produce department statistics as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
- Be able to work effectively both individually and across multifunctional teams.
- Have strong communication skills with a logical and thorough approach and a good attention to detail.
- Have demonstrable experience in writing reports.
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Have demonstrable experience gained at a similar level within a fast moving HR environment, ideally from within manufacturing.
- Be experienced in managing Employee Relations cases within a unionised environment.
- Have CIPD qualification or be studying towards this.
Katie Nevin Katie.Nevin@michellesimpsonhr.co.uk