Location North East | Salary Competitive plus benefits
Our client is a large international manufacturing business with multiple sites across the UK.
A permanent position has arisen for an experienced HR practitioner who will provide an efficient and effective HR service to a group of stakeholders within a fast moving manufacturing facility. The position has a generalist focus with responsibility for the day to day HR management of the production workforce as well as running the weekly and monthly payroll for a large headcount.
- Working as part of the HR team to ensure business and production objectives are achieved.
- Manage all aspects of Employee Relations including: Absence Management; Disciplinary and Grievance issues; Capability and Performance Management.
- Support all employee relations issues with the Production team.
- Update and review procedures to ensure compliance to new employment legislation.
- Develop Policies and Procedures to ensure the effective management of Human Resources within legislation and best practice.
- Assist in managing recruitment processes to support production levels and develop strategies to enhance and make improvements.
- Support management of Agency Contractors.
- Liaison with Agency Suppliers.
- Update and manage the Time and Attendance system.
- Coordinate and support managers within the Performance Appraisal processes.
- Provide advice and guidance on Learning and Development activity.
- Support the payroll function with any queries in relation to Starters; Leavers; Maternity and Paternity.
- Support the business with general people queries and give advice according to company guidelines and legislation.
Successful applicants will:
- Have demonstrable HR experience ideally gained at an Officer or Advisor level previously.
- Be resilient and confident in supporting stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Have strong generalist HR competencies and be comfortable in assisting with Employee Relations issues.
- Have experience of working within fast-paced, commercial environments.
- Be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Have a CIPD qualification or working towards this.
Our client is also open to receiving applications from candidates who are looking for a developmental opportunity from HR Assistant and HR Coordinator levels.