HR Manager – 12 month contract
Location North East | Salary Up to £41,000 per annum
Our client is an award-winning organisation who is looking to recruit an experienced HR professional on an interim basis for a period of 12 months. Although not guaranteed, the role may be further extended or made permanent. The role will be based in the Teesside area and support multiple local sites.
The HR Manager position will provide a professional and proactive HR service to line managers in addition to supporting the organisation in the delivery and implementation of HR strategy. The successful candidate will be accountable for the provision of full generalist HR advice in line with current employment legislation as well as the continuous review of HR policies and procedures.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities will include the following:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure HR is able to support the business objectives.
- Coach and Mentor line managers in all people management related activity.
- Manage Employee Relations case management up to dismissal level.
- Proactive management of grievance situations, providing mediation where necessary.
- Monitoring and managing absence management and performance management cases.
- Manage and monitor policies and procedures in accordance with legislation.
- Support a culture of performance management which drives business efficiency and overall commercial performance.
- Provide guidance regarding Learning and Development initiatives.
- Support the business in recruitment processes and offer management.
- Assist with succession planning across the business.
- Direct line management of a small HR team and oversee their workload and responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience at HR Manager level ideally. Experience of managing multiple priorities and effectively partnering with key stakeholders at all levels will be important. CIPD or relevant HR qualification is essential.
12 month contract