Location North East | Salary £22,000 - £24,000 plus benefits
A vacancy has arisen for an international business with a base in the South Tyneside area. Our client is looking to appoint a HR Assistant on a permanent basis who will support the day to day operations of the HR department.
The position will involve all aspects of HR administration support and will include the following duties:
- Assisting the HR team in providing an efficient HR administration service to the client group.
- Managing absence cases including attending welfare reviews and monitoring absence trends.
- Assisting the HR team with disciplinary and grievance matters including note-taking and managing lower level cases.
- Dealing with first line employee queries into the department and managing them accordingly.
- Managing all recruitment administration in relation to compiling job descriptions; contracts and offers.
- Supporting the set-up of onboarding and induction programmes.
- Preparing training materials and probation reviews for new colleagues.
- Maintaining paperwork and preparing reports relating to HR activities.
- Process weekly payroll along with any ad hoc payroll issues, including year-end processes.
- Provision of general administrative tasks to the wider business including management of meetings.
- Coordination of travel arrangements for senior stakeholders.
- Dealing with front line employee requests and queries and escalating when necessary.
The successful candidate will ideally have proven HR administration skills gained within a fast-moving HR department as well as general knowledge in supporting all HR competencies.
The position will suit aspiring HR Assistants and HR Officers who are looking to further develop their HR knowledge and skills. Our client proudly champions personal development and can offer study support towards gaining HR qualifications.