Head of Health & Safety
Location North East | Salary Competitive Salary plus Benefits including car and bonus
Our client is a large multi-site international business who is a market leader in their field. An opportunity has become available for an experienced Health & Safety professional who will lead on the strategy and management of health and safety across their growing organisation.
The role will encompass all aspects of Health & Safety within the work environment. Managing a team of H&S professionals, the role will manage both operational and strategic input for Health, Safety & Environment for the UK and European arm of the business.
- Responsible for the delivery of health and safety strategy across all UK and selected European sites.
- Provide guidance on Health & Safety matters to all stakeholders including the leadership teams.
- Coach and be responsible for developing a H&S team across multiple sites.
- Drive and implement continuous improvement H&S strategies.
- Support leadership, management and project teams in maintaining first class HSQE standards.
- Project manage regular site audits and accident investigations.
- Provide operational and strategic collaboration and coaching around Health and Safety initiatives.
- Strive to maintain H&S operational excellence across all UK sites.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrable Health & Safety expertise gained at a senior level from within an industrial based environment.
- Be an experienced manager who is used to developing a team of Health & Safety experts within a multi-site environment.
- Be educated to degree level and hold a specific Health & Safety qualification such as NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent.
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of UK Health and Safety legislation.
- Be a credible communicator able to influence across all levels.
- Be able to travel occasionally across the UK and Europe from the main base in the North East.